Here I go… I’ve set myself a challenge and I’m excited… Jump on board!
For those of you who don’t know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. As a survivor of young breast cancer, with an innate love to write and a will to educate – I have instigated this project to share with you:
What can you expect in ‘Blog-tober’? Whilst not everything will directly be about breast cancer – because let’s face it… breast cancer is shit and no-one wants 31 days of shit… right?!
I do, however, aim to give the month of October a flavour of pink…
“To see the light, you must first learn to deal with darkness” – Dan Millman
“There is the good and the bad, the great and the low, the just and the unjust. And that will never change” – unknown.
[Nothing quite like a dose of reality – life is certainly about accepting the good with the bad and the great with the ugly].
Your ‘taste of pink’ ‘Blog-tober’ preview:
- REAL and raw diary entries written during my treatment, including:
- ‘Hair Diaries’ – The loss, the grow back and everything in between
- Facing mortality
- When you admit to yourself that you are not ok…
- Practical knowledge
- Fun and freedom
- Body Image
- An event (stay tuned)
- Travel adventures – time out
- Letting your hair down – even when you have no hair
- A day in the life of…
- Interviews and collaborative stories
- Plain English information/education
- Food and illness/Food in general (including the utterly gross things I ate during chemo)
- It’s no pink ribbon… what about secondary disease?
- Menopause – what???
- The real mountain to climb (and it’s not surgery or treatment).
- What I am passionate about – mental health post treatment
- Questions – if anyone has any?? (Click here and enter your question – don’t be shy, I won’t publish your name you can remain anonymous).
- Breasts, Cans, Knockers, Tits, Boobs… Adjusting to my scars and how I see them now.
- And whatever else transpires…
So sign up HERE if you haven’t already so you don’t miss anything. Please feel free to share with anyone and spread the word.
Wish me luck – 31 blogs in 31 days… Starting 1 October 2016!
‘Blog-tober’ here we come.
© Copyright 2016 becbraid